~my month in Costa Rica studying Spanish~

I'll be in Costa Rica from June 17 - July 17. I'm going with a group from Weber State to study Spanish at a language institute called ILISA. We'll be staying with Costa Rican families.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

   I should totally be in bed, but I won´t have much time this weekend and wanted to update. Earlier this week we went to the Children´s Museum, Costa Rica-style. There were a TON of kids and a TON of stuff to look at. We walked around for two hours and didn´t see everything. My favorite part was the dental health section, including the most awesome cartoon starring kids armed with loaded toothbrushes fighting little plaque monsters. I laughed and laughed.







Alphabet mosaics outside the museum
   The next evening after class, we went to the movie theater. We were lucky that our "mom" arrived early to buy us tickets, because there were a zillion people and everything sold out until 9:00. We (Adriana, Maria, Fernando, Chelsea, and I) saw Cars II 3D! It was fun, but I wish I´d understood more of what they said.




   Today I told Emily from Baltimore that what she calls "lollipops" we call "suckers." She thought that was pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you can put pics on here. They are so cute. I love the little plaque fighter guns. I am glad they are telling it like it is!

    ReplyDelete