~my month in Costa Rica studying Spanish~

I'll be in Costa Rica from June 17 - July 17. I'm going with a group from Weber State to study Spanish at a language institute called ILISA. We'll be staying with Costa Rican families.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Punta Leona

This last weekend was spent at the beautiful resort Punta Leona. The best parts:
-a hot shower
-three meals at a luscious buffet (my favorite thing was the rice pudding. I had at least 5 bowls)
-beautiful beaches Playa Mantas and Playa Blanca
-the warm Pacific Ocean
-Total Eclipse of the Heart karaoke with Chelsea
-collecting seashells for over an hour (we found some amazing stuff)
-watching a butterfly hatch



Now it´s back to the daily grind. Today I was so tired, I struggled to stay awake through 2/3 of class. But it was totally worth it.

3 comments:

  1. YOU SAW A BUTTERFLY HATCH?? course i hope you have more pictures! love you. this place sounds amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, sounds wonderful. :) Love the pics. You haven't said anything about struggling understanding language, is that just easy peezy now? I look forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it´s definitely not easy peezy. I thought it would just continue getting easier, but some days I get frustrated and feel like I´ve taken a step back. I´m starting to comprehend direct and indirect objects, which I thought was impossible. It´s hard to gauge how much I´m actually improving, but I feel more comfortable speaking in class. Gug, I do have more pictures. I figured I´d save some for when
    I get home. Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete